Check Point Report
Used to report, at a frequency defined in the Work package, the status of a work package
Check Point Report Contents
- Follow ups from previous reports
- The reporting period – products being developed, completed and quality management
- Next reporting period – products being developed, planned to be completed and quality management in the next reporting period
- Work Package tolerance status
- Issues and Risks
End Project Report
Used during Closing a Project process to review how the project performed against the version of the Project Initiation Documentation used to authorize it.
It also allows:
- Passing on of any lessons that can be usefully applied to other projects
- Passing on details of unfinished work, ongoing risks or potential product modifications to the group charged with future maintenance
End Stage Report
Used to give a summary of progress to date, overall project situation, and sufficient information to ask the Project Board what to do next with the project.
The Project Board uses the End Stage Report in tandem with the next Stage Plan to decide what action to take:
- Authorize the next stage
- Amend the project scope
- Stop the project
- Produced when a Stage Plan or Project plan is forecast to exceed tolerance levels set.
- Prepared by the Project Manager in order to inform the Project Board of the situation & to offer options and recommendations for the way to proceed.
Used to provide the Project Board with a summary of the stage status at intervals defined by them.
- Project Board use the report to monitor stage and project progress
- Project Manager also uses it to advise the Project Board of any potential problems or areas where the Project Board could help.
Used to capture and maintain information on all of the issues that are being formally managed.
The Issue Register should be monitored by the Project Manager
Used to pass on any lessons that can be usefully applied to other projects
Lesson Reports can be created at any time, typically, they are included as part of the
End Stage Report and End Project Reports
Product Status Account
Provides information about the state of products within defined limits
Defined limits can vary, so it could refer to:
- Entire project
- Particular stage
- Particular area of the project
History of a specific product
Useful if the Project Manager wishes to confirm the version number of products.