The following notes were taken from reading Growth Hacking: A how to guide on becoming a Growth Hacker by Jose and Joe Casanova.
- the 5th largest website in the world.
- When Techcrunch began they’d update Wikipedia with links to their articles to drive traffic.
- Allows you to share your presentations online
- Produce solid presentations that are educational and provide value then post on slide share
- Offer value to people, earn their trust and start moving them through the funnel
- There are a large amount of Founders and CEO’s answering questions on Quora
- Getting your Founder of CEO answering questions or contributing to discussions within your niche creates high-quality and valuable content
- Meetup is a community based website dedicated to organising meetings in the off-line world
- Face-2-face meetings can stimulate retention and referral
- B2B businesses can take advantage of industry trade shows, summits and events to foster growth and build retention
Webmail Address books
- Use a service like Openinvite and ensure you’re doing APIs for the four largets webmail providers: Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, AOL, Gmail
- For B2B – how about using LinkedIn?
Social Media API’s
- Dont forgot to have presence on the major SM platforms (FB, Twitter, Foursquare, Linkedin) but also the up-and-comers (google+, Tumblr, Yammer, SalesForce)
- Make sure your content is easy to share on social content sites like Reddit etc.
- If you’ve got a mobile product make sure it contains a built in function that makes it easy for people to share it with their contacts
- FB has over 1billion users
- House email lists
- Use them and make sure you’re ready to support other business users email blasts with appropriate CTAs